Ultimate Direction Vest Backpack : FASTPACK 40
FASTPACK WHAT'S NEW
- Optimal weight to capacity for longer adventures over rugged terrain
- Improved vest-style storage up front with a dedicated phone pocket, multiple bottle pockets, and extra gear stash pockets.
- Versatile 'suitcase' style opening main compartment with full-length three-way zipper and roll-top closure, for easy access to everything inside, no matter the stored position.
- New backpanel system (removable) combines the Infiknit™ technology with FastFlow to increase breathability and moisture wicking.
The lightweight 40.0 litre capacity UD Fastpack 40 has an optimal weight-to-capacity ratio for longer adventures over rugged terrain so you can move fast in the backcountry. It uniquely fits like a vest with water bottles up front, but distributes weight like a pack. UD gave it an upgrade with Infiknit™ and FastFlow technology to increase the backpanel's breathability and moisture wicking. This do-it-all pack also has plenty of dedicated external storage, a roll-top opening and a full-side external zipper for easy to anything inside. Bottles are not included.
The lower capacity Fastpack 30 and Fastpack 20 are also available.
- Infiknit™ seamless back panel and shoulder harness
- Large front storage for water, phone, maps, glasses, or food.
- Unique zip-down main compartment for total access to gear.
- Roll-top closure expands or compresses to secure varying capacities.
- Large external stretch mesh pockets for quick access.
- Sliding rail sternum straps.
- Removable and height-adjustable T-hook waistbelt for heavier loads.
- Easy access pocket with keyfob.
- MonoRip Mesh is very strong, but extremely breathable.
- Daisy chains for securing extra gear.
- Two large side pockets for larger water vessels.
- Upgraded sliding rail sternum straps for easy single-handed adjustment.
- 2x upper hydration pockets with bungee compression.
- Compatible with the 500ml Body Bottle III 500 S soft flask (not included).
- Compatible with the Body Bottle III 500 S soft flask with 11cm drinking straw (not included).
- 2x lower open-top pockets, for headlamp, maps, glasses, more food.
- 4x further stretch-mesh open-top storage pockets for fuel, hat, gloves.
- 2x zippered pockets, both water resistant, for smart phone, electrolytes.
- T-hook waistbelt for heavier loads, height-adjustable and removable.
- Safety whistle, with dedicated miniature pocket.
- Upgraded lightweight T-Hook adjustable sternum straps.
- Shoulder strap shaping to promote weight distribution and a comfortable fit.
- Trekking pole holders minimizes z-pole bounce and snap out of the way when not in use.
- Lightweight 4-way stretch material with rip stop pattern for added durability.
- Reflectivity for night time visibility.
- 2x large side 'dump' pockets for waterproof jacket and trousers, or larger water bottles up to 750ml capacity.
- Side/rib fit adjustment straps for easy on-the-go adjustment.
- Large full-width zipped water-resistant pocket to secure phone, wallet or valuables.
- Unique 'suitcase' style zip-down main compartment, with three zip access points, for total access to gear.
- Roll-top closure expands or compresses to secure varying capacities, with top velcro closure strips.
- Large full-length external stretch mesh pockets for quick access.
- Dedicated rear bladder compartment with elasticated top, can accommodate up to a 3.0 litre reservoir (not included).
- Zipped water-resistant pocket with key-clip, accessible from external zip.
- Daisy chains for securing extra gear.
- Ice axe loops.
- Large reflectivity logo for night time visibility.
Volume Capacity: 40.0 L / 2441 cubic inches
Weight: 715 grams / 25 oz
Height: 49.5 cm / 19.5 inches
Width: 27.9 cm / 11.0 inches
Depth: 19.7 cm / 7.8 inches
SIZING AT BOTTOM RIBS (UNISEX)
S/M: 25 - 40 in. / 64 - 102 cm
M/L: 30 - 48 in. / 76 - 122 cm
Confirm your bottom ribs measurement before ordering
Measure wearing the clothes you intend to wear
A vest full of gear will fit smaller
MATERIALS & DESIGN
- MonoRip Mesh lightweight monofilament mesh is breathable, non-stretch, and hydrophobic - ideal for bounce-free load carrying.
- Reinforced Contrast Ripstop Nylon for strength and durability.
- 4-way Durable External Stretch Fabric with abrasion resistance.
ALL FASTPACK LINE MODELS
Fastpack 20 - 23.4 litres (Unisex)
Fastpack 30 - 31.7 litres (Unisex)
Fastpack 40 - 40.0 litres (Unisex)
FastpackHer 20 - 21.5 litres (Women's)
FastpackHer 30 - 30.5 litres (Women's)
Keywords: Backpacking pack, Fastpacking pack, Multiday race backpack, Multi stage backpack, hydration packs for ultra runners, ultra running hydration packs, ultra runner hydration packs, best ultramarathon hydration packs, UD Fastpack 40
Ultimate Direction Fastpack 40 UK & Ireland supplier | Ultramarathon Running Store is the
Ultimate Direction UK and Ireland online supplier/retailer. We also ship internationally, including to the US & Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the rest of the world. Product pages include links to Ultimate Direction reviews and videos. If you have any question or request please Contact Us.
FASTPACK 40 VIDEOS
Ultimate Direction Fastpack Line Video