UltrAspire Hydration Race Pack: Alpha 5.0
The latest upgrade to UltrAspire's best selling hydration pack, the 6 litre capacity Alpha 5.0 race vest now has 9 storage pockets that are all accessible on the go. Updated magnet positioning on the rear passage pocket provides more capacity for larger items. The passage pocket has been updated to a nylon polyurethane coated fabric which keeps its contents dry. The stretch-mesh rear passage pocket with magnetic auto-closure can be accessed with either hand, perfect for a grabbing a headlamp or jacket whilst on the move. Updates to the side zipper pockets allow for easier access. In addition, side pockets are now double-layered, adding a quick stash slide-pocket underneath both zippered pockets. The front harness has two large bottle pockets, now taller to allow for a wider variety of bottle options. The pocket mesh has also been updated to a powernet mesh which gives more stretch and added durability. The overall body mesh has been updated to the UltrAcool Light Mesh that dissipates heat quickly. New cord locks on the Z-pole rear attachments allow for easier stash and retrieval of trekking poles or a jacket. Available in three sizes.
Building on the ErgoFit vest design and expanding on successes of the fourth iteration, the UltrAspire Alpha 5.0 race pack focuses on past design strengths while introducing new functional changes. The award-winning Alpha series is the pinnacle of design, functionality, and comfort.
- Quiet and large zipper pulls that are bounce free, easy to see, grab and pull
- Extra soft no-chafe binding, non-abrasive against skin and clothing.
- Safety stitched bar tack on all stress points.
- Zig zagged stitching over elastic for ultra-durability, increased stretch and rebound.
- Reflective details on the front and back for nighttime visibility.
- Double layered 30D fabric reinforcement at the stress points
- Four rapid access pockets including two large and tall bottle pockets with secure drawstrings.
- Max O2 Sternum™ for unrestricted breathing while maintaining a stable pack. Uses shock cord with good stretch for unrestricted breathing but also good rebound on the stretch for a stable ride. Patent Pending.
- Magnon pocket for sweat-free pills, with automatic magnetic closure for rapid access to pills and other essentials. Patent pending.
- Two large zippered side pockets for secure storage, with large easy-grab zip-pulls
- Large quick stash slide-pocket located underneath each zippered pocket.
- Easy access passage pocket with magnetic auto-closure, access with either hand without removing the pack
- Full length stretch mesh rear container for expandable storage
- Simple, fast, easy in-and-out bladder attachment system.
- Insulated reservoir compartment layer (removable)
- External shock cord for carrying a jacket or for reservoir compression
- Lower z-pole attachments with cord locks to quickly secure or retreive trekking poles, a jacket or warm layer
Human shoulders aren’t straight, so a pack’s shoulder straps shouldn’t be either. Longer straps allow the back portion to sit deeper on the neck to prevent any rubbing. This addition in length helps to create slope as the straps come over the top of the shoulders and around the neck following the natural curve of the body. The harness then follows an S curve around the arms and chest area to avoid any hindrance to the running motion.
The harness construction also helps to keep the pack balanced at any capacity to ensure the same high quality fit empty or fully loaded. In regards to balance, the load is positioned lower on the back closer to the body’s center of gravity, the hips. This placement helps to stop unnecessary energy expenditure during the long haul.
A collection of technologies designed to dissipate heat and keep you cool. This system allows you to maintain a lower body temperature by dispersing heat during intense activity, keeping you performing at the highest level.
Anatomically engineered, the pack covers only what is necessary on the body to keep it secure thus allowing for your temperature to remain cooler during heavy energy exertion.
The most breathable mesh on the market, this 3-layered, large holed honeycomb mesh is made from polyester which helps to draw moisture away from the skin without absorption.
INSULATED BLADDER COMPARTMENT
Made of Mylar, the insulated compartment reflects and traps temperatures to help keep fluids hot or cold. Additional foam with air pockets creates more space for the insulation to take effect.
Shock cord securing system that helps create a comfortable & natural breathing pattern while at the same time keeping the pack secure. The shock cord allows for stretch outward and 100% rebound which keeps the pack snug against your body empty or fully loaded with no restriction of movement.
Volume Capacity: 6L
Hydration compatible: 2x 550ml UltraFlask hybrid bottles ( not included ) or 2x 500ml Soft Flasks ( not included )
Reservoir compatible: 2 Litre bladder ( not included )
Weight: ~272 grams (without bottles)
Colours: Blue/Cherry Tomato
SIZING AT CHEST (UNISEX)
SM: 31 - 36 in. / 79 - 91 cm
MD: 34 - 39 in. / 87 - 99 cm
LG: 37 - 42 in. / 94 - 106 cm
Measure wearing the clothes you intend to wear
A vest full of gear will fit smaller
UltrAspire Alpha 5.0 UK & Ireland supplier | Ultramarathon Running Store is the
UltrAspire UK and Ireland online supplier/dealer/distributor/retailer. We also ship internationally, including to the US & Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the rest of the world. Product pages include links to UltrAspire reviews and UltrAspire videos. If you have any question or request please Contact Us.
ALPHA 5.0 VIDEOS
UltrAspire Alpa 5.0 demonstration video